***Recette en Français disponible bientôt***
Great, easy, and tasty pancakes…a sure hit with friends and family.
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 10-20 minutes.
Ingredients (Makes 4 medium-sized pancakes, enough for 2 people)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk (enough to mix batter)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 mashed banana; or 3/4 cup grated apples
- 1 tsp. ghee or coconut oil
- Maple syrup or apple sauce (for serving only)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (except the ghee-coconut oil)
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, melt ghee or coconut milk and spread evenly over the surface
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring tool, poor the batter onto the pan
- When batter starts to bubble, flip to cook other side until golden brown
- Serve with maple syrup or applesauce
Recipe adapted from: The Modern Ayurvedic Cookbook by Amrita Sondhi